Air Traffic Engineer
Job Title: Air Traffic Engineer
Reporting to: Senior Air Traffic Engineer (SATE)
Hours: Standard ATE shift pattern as stated in the LGW ATE Working Practice Agreement
To provide SES-compliant Level 1 and Level 2 maintenance of a suite of air traffic service equipment in accordance with CAP 670. To conduct Level 3 maintenance for specific systems on request, based on qualifications.
The primary duties of the job holder are detailed below. However, this is not an exhaustive list of all duties required and is not listed in order of priority:
• Conduct SES-compliant maintenance according to CAP 670 Part B Section 1 APP 02.
• Conduct SES-compliant maintenance to be undertaken in accordance with the Service Levels agreed with GAL.
• Manage the day-to-day engineering activities to ensure safe and efficient operations.
• Maintain the Air Traffic Engineering Watch Log.
• Provide regular quantitative reviews of system performance against operational safety and airport business requirements.
• Define and adapt the maintenance regime to ensure system performance is maintained and compatible with agreed Service Levels (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Provide regular management reports with SLA and system performance data.
• Accept new systems and changes to existing systems, in cooperation with GAL; ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements relating to maintenance, support and training.
• Comply with all applicable international, European and UK CAA Regulatory Requirements, including those related to Safety Management Systems and integrate these with the requirements of the ANSP.
• Contribute to an appropriate training and competency regime that meets UK CAA requirements and recommendations.
• Maintain personal equipment type recency and inform the SATE/ Head of Engineering of any lapse.
• Maintain the ability to adopt to new innovations.
• Coordinate and integrate with Gatwick Airport’s Maintenance Management System.
• Participate in unit hazard identification and risk assessment activities.
• Recognized qualifications in an electronics-based subject (e.g. BTEC National Certificate, AS/S Level). Alternatively, the job holder may have undertaken recognised structured engineering training and have extensive engineering experience.
• Group and type ratings in accordance with CAP 670.
• Engineering experience in a high-density air traffic control environment.
Apply for this job