Air Traffic Services Assistant
ATSA (Air Traffic Services Assistant)
18-24 months (effectively 12 months after completion of training and validation)
Head of Operations
35 Hours per week; Operational shift work to maintain operational validations within agreed framework/guidelines and to provide cover.
To provide specialist and professional Air Traffic Services Assistant support to include a wide area of responsibilities. A minimum training requirement will be prepared and will depend on previous experience.
- Operation of airfield lighting panel, and/or VDU, in accordance with instructions passed by the Ground Movement Controller (GMC) to aircraft and vehicles.
- Selection of brilliance levels of taxiway lighting to accord with the prevailing conditions as directed by the GMC controller.
- Identification and reporting of faults in the lighting system.
- Promoting and maintaining a harmonious and effective working relationship with Gatwick Airport Limited staff and with airline customers.
- Processing Flight plan messages to AFTN/HCS
- Providing a customer assistance and briefing service as required
- Providing operational support to Controllers in the VCR
- Making routine and special MET Observations using SAMOS equipment.
- Liaising with internal and external agencies whilst performing VCR support duties.
- Receipt and filtering of telephone calls from other organisations and members of the public.
- Training of trainee Lighting Panel Operators on the lighting panel.
- Other tasks appropriate to the grade as directed by management.
At least 2 years valid ATSA experience would be desirable but not essential.
Experience in a London TMA operation is desirable.
Ability to deal with unpredictable workload and conflicting demands is essential.
Ability to react fast and efficiently under pressure.